Re: about everything

Messaggioda Brancaleone » 25/07/2015, 16:03

You're right seven, actually I didn't join here for a long time, but I study even in this hot period - oh, how I wish a holyday!
I would like to go in England next month with some friends :)

What about you?
Eliminato l'impossibile ciò che resta, per improbabile che sia, deve essere la verità.
(Sherlock Holmes ne "Il segno dei quattro" di A. C. Doyle)
Brancaleone
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Messaggio: 1095 di 2972

Messaggioda Brancaleone » 26/09/2016, 10:55

Ok, I try to exhume this thread :)
Since the last posts were about job, I start from it.

Currently I am unemployed :(
I worked for almost one year in an engineering company as intern in R&D team, I learned about heat transfer models and Computational Fluid Dynamics - very interesting and exciting! Unfortunaly it finished 2 weeks ago... and I actually don't know how to do - and what I want to do... No one replies to cv emails, it seems that no one is looking for a new graduate for training, all are looking for "young experienced apprentice", hateful teasing without meaning...
Eliminato l'impossibile ciò che resta, per improbabile che sia, deve essere la verità.
Brancaleone
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Messaggio: 1154 di 2972

Messaggioda gio73 » 27/09/2016, 16:23

Hi Branca
you have loads of time now
I suggest you to contact some schools near you, they often look for substitute teachers
It might be an interesting experience

I am fine and I have found a few websites to visit, so my presence in Matematicamente is getting down

How about sport, what are you practicing now?
gio73
Moderatore
Moderatore

Messaggio: 4732 di 12003

Messaggioda Camillo » 27/09/2016, 16:53

"loads of time" $ never heard about it , may be it is correct , I would prefer " lot of time "
Camillo
Camillo
Moderatore globale
Moderatore globale

Messaggio: 7685 di 10714

Messaggioda Brancaleone » 28/09/2016, 08:38

gio73 ha scritto:Hi Branca
you have loads of time now

Hell yeah :roll:

gio73 ha scritto:I suggest you to contact some schools near you, they often look for substitute teachers

I considered it, but how it works? I mean, it is necessary first to have passed an enabling exam, isn't it?

gio73 ha scritto:I am fine and I have found a few websites to visit, so my presence in Matematicamente is getting down

Mine too

gio73 ha scritto:How about sport, what are you practicing now?

Sports? Ehm... actually no one :oops: I spent time looking for a job and studying German - interesting but very hard: I attended A1 course this summer, and "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe" :lol:
Brancaleone
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Messaggio: 1155 di 2972

Messaggioda gio73 » 28/09/2016, 11:15

Brancaleone ha scritto:
gio73 ha scritto:I suggest you to contact some schools near you, they often look for substitute teachers

I considered it, but how it works? I mean, it is necessary first to have passed an enabling exam, isn't it?

Not always
If they don't find someone qualified, they will look for simply graduate ones

Brancaleone ha scritto:
gio73 ha scritto:How about sport, what are you practicing now?

Sports? Ehm... actually no one :oops: I spent time looking for a job and studying German - interesting but very hard: I attended A1 course this summer, and "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe" :lol:

Did you refer to German?
gio73
Moderatore
Moderatore

Messaggio: 4733 di 12003

Messaggioda Brancaleone » 28/09/2016, 13:02

gio73 ha scritto:Not always
If they don't find someone qualified, they will look for simply graduate ones

Mmh interesting... 8-) Thanks for the advice!

gio73 ha scritto:Did you refer to German?

Yes - I think it’s one of the hardest languages to learn! There are at least three main characteristics that are though:

*1: the gender of nouns. This is the most difficult feature to learn, because the gender of anything is normally random! :shock: Indeed, in general there are no rules for which an object (but even a person...) should be male, female or neuter.
Just for instance:

the spoon - der Löffel (male)
the fork - die Gabel (female)
the knife - das Messer (neuter)

or

the child - das Kind (neuter)
the boy - der Junge (male)
the girl - das Mädchen (neuter)

...and so on. I have not mentioned the declinations, but with goodwill (and patience) they are not so hard - but could be hard to understand when you should use accusative or dative case...

*2: the split of the verb and the infinitive at the end of phrase. There are verbs that are formed by 2 parts: a particle plus the "real" body of the verb. Even in simple phrases the particle must be splitted by the body and put at the end of the phrase! Actually this could not be a big problem... if the meaning of the verb was not completely different depending of the final particle! This feature occurs even with infinitive verbs... definitely, you cannot know the action of the subject if you don't listen all until the end.
Few examples:

machen - to do, to make
anmachen - to turn on
ausmachen - to turn off
aufmachen - to open
Franz macht die Lampe - Franz makes the lamp (ok, this has not so much sense, but just to understand...);
Franz macht die Lampe an - Franz turns on the lamp;
Franz macht die Lampe aus - Franz turns off the lamp;
Franz macht die Lampe auf - Franz opens the lamp.

...and the funny thing is that the same particle has not the same meaning when stuck in other verbs :shock:

*3: reversing of the numbers (reversing? non so se è giusto con quello che voglio intendere...).
Eins, zwei, drei, vier, ... until to zwanzig (twenty) there are no problems, all is pretty regular... but then:

21 - einundzwanzig ("one and twenty")
22- zweiundazwanzig ("two and twenty")
68 - achtundsechzig ("eight and sixty")
357 - dreihundertsiebenundfünfzig ("three hundred seven and fifty")
1492 - eintausendvierhundertzweiundneunzig ("one thousand four hundred two and ninety") - if it is a number...
1492 - vierzehnhundertzweiundneunzig ("fourteen hundred two and ninety") - if it is the year in which Colombo discovered America...

Numbers beyond 21 are said in this way!

If you want to laugh, just read The Awful German Language of Mark Twain :lol:
Brancaleone
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Messaggio: 1156 di 2972

Messaggioda gio73 » 29/09/2016, 12:15

My coworker, who studied German, says the Germans can't understand any joke until they don't hear the last word
gio73
Moderatore
Moderatore

Messaggio: 4735 di 12003

Messaggioda Brancaleone » 29/09/2016, 12:20

I have no problem to believe it! :-D
Brancaleone
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Messaggio: 1157 di 2972

Messaggioda gio73 » 04/02/2017, 13:18

Hi everybody
I am overhelmed by work, I need some relax
Let's talk about something frivoulous

Anyway I am going to get first this summer, so I would also like to improve my writing skill
gio73
Moderatore
Moderatore

Messaggio: 4781 di 12003

PrecedenteProssimo

Torna a The English Corner