Messaggioda Fioravante Patrone » 10/07/2007, 18:33

Kroldar ha scritto:I have a proposal: let's ask the administrators to give us the money we need, in order to play the game really!! 8-)

Actually, money availability is a severe constraint that does not allow to make as much experimentation as it would be needed!!!

For science's sake, of course
Fioravante Patrone
Cannot live without
Cannot live without

Messaggio: 1494 di 10811

Messaggioda Cheguevilla » 11/07/2007, 00:35

Personal comments under the spoiler.
Testo nascosto, fai click qui per vederlo
Obviously, this is a kind of game where the most efficient strategy is to keep the minimum possible offer.
It's just like playing the prisoner dilemma.
Everyone has convenience confessing (choosing 0) but everybody also knows that if everyone put 0 into pot, nobody will win anything.
On the otherside, this choice will grant no loss.
The best cooperative choice is to put 20 but, if everyone puts 20, I will earn much more reducing my bet, up to 0.
This because any played coin will have revenue $1/2$, whilst any non-played coin has revenue $1$.
This is the same problem known as "free riding".
Whereas possible, anyone takes advantage dodging taxes, if everybody else pays.
Of course, this is one of the reasons why the state needs to attend.
This is my personal opinion and spin of the problem, given my economical point of view.
I will wait for Fioravante's explanations, which leave me nosey.

EDIT: I put comments under spoiler tag.
Ultima modifica di Cheguevilla il 11/07/2007, 07:44, modificato 1 volta in totale.
Immagine

Rischiavano la strada e per un uomo
ci vuole pure un senso a sopportare
di poter sanguinare
e il senso non dev'essere rischiare
ma forse non voler più sopportare.
Cheguevilla
Cannot live without
Cannot live without

Messaggio: 1792 di 3869

Messaggioda Fioravante Patrone » 11/07/2007, 04:07

Sorry, I will continue to leave aside my "explanations".

I would like to ask a question to participants (and newcomers, if they like).

Having seen the results of this game, which would be your choice in case you were again in front of the same game to play?

For the participants and newcomers: would you mind to explain the reasons behind your choice?
For the participants to the first "round": in case you change you choice, would you mind to give reasons for your change?

As before, I suggest to answer using the "Spoiler"
Fioravante Patrone
Cannot live without
Cannot live without

Messaggio: 1502 di 10811

Messaggioda Admin » 11/07/2007, 06:21

Scusate l'italiano, c'è un equivoco di fondo: gli amministratori amministrano parole (e nemmeno tanto bene visto quello che si dice in altre parti di questo forum) non soldi. :shock:

I'm interested to know the factor to multiply the money in the pot in order that will be convinient for everyone to leave some money in the pot.
"Dai diamanti non nasce niente, dal letame nascono i fiori" F. De Andrè
Admin
Amministratore
Amministratore

Messaggio: 1051 di 3581

Messaggioda Fioravante Patrone » 11/07/2007, 06:38

Admin ha scritto:c'è un equivoco di fondo
gli amministratori amministrano parole ... non amministrano soldi.

dammn!

Admin ha scritto:A meno che non inventiamo una moneta virtuale.

Uhm, with virtual money one can pay, at best, only virtual players!
Fioravante Patrone
Cannot live without
Cannot live without

Messaggio: 1505 di 10811

Messaggioda Cozza Taddeo » 11/07/2007, 07:31

Fioravante Patrone ha scritto:Having seen the results of this game, which would be your choice in case you were again in front of the same game to play?

I will obviously bet 0 euro, because I saw that the other players don't want to risk money.
Cozza Taddeo

Messaggio: 493 di 1640

Messaggioda wedge » 11/07/2007, 08:59

The fact that one player (other than me) risked ensured me the gain I wanted. so I would again risk a little bit of money. I continue thinking that, apart of Nash equilibriums, (0,0,0,0,0,0) is not the way! The magic pot multiplies money, let's use it!
"Tre quarks per mister Murray!" (James Joyce, Finnegan's Wake)

Parco Sempione, verde e marrone, dentro la mia città.
wedge
Cannot live without
Cannot live without

Messaggio: 1263 di 3831

Messaggioda fields » 11/07/2007, 10:36

Fioravante Patrone ha scritto:Having seen the results of this game, which would be your choice in case you were again in front of the same game to play?

I obviously confirm my preceding choice: I put 0 in the pot.

Since you cannot influence nor control the other players, if you want to gain, you have to put 0 in the pot. This choice maximizes your gain. You have to imagine that the other players live in another dimension, and they choose the same whatever your choice will be: their choices result from the physical flow of electrical streams in their brains, and you cannot modify them. And this reasoning works whatever are your initial assumptions about the players (they can be robots, monkeys, scientists etc.) and whatever is the result of the preceding game.

Forgive my english! :? :?
[i]La Realtà non si capisce, alla Realtà ci si abitua[/i]
fields

Messaggio: 764 di 1717

Messaggioda Kroldar » 11/07/2007, 12:09

For the participants and newcomers: would you mind to explain the reasons behind your choice?

Answer: $0$
I guess that the people who played $0$ in the first round will go on playing $0$, because they gained some money and, in the worst case, $0$ is still a maxmin strategy. Instead, the players who played a different strategy (and lose money) will now play $0$. So the best reply for me is to play $0$ as I did in the first round.
Kroldar
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Messaggio: 1394 di 2110

Messaggioda wedge » 11/07/2007, 13:10

@fields

I understand your point of view when you say that you cannot control the choices of the other players. It's true that 0 ensures you the biggest gain, when others' choices are given and you have to choose your contribution in the pot. But on the other hand if everyone aims the biggest possible gain, no-one will gain anything. It's a paradox. This is the reason why I tried to look for a strategy that would bring a less static scene. Obviously I had to suppose that other players had an attitude similar to mine.
"Tre quarks per mister Murray!" (James Joyce, Finnegan's Wake)

Parco Sempione, verde e marrone, dentro la mia città.
wedge
Cannot live without
Cannot live without

Messaggio: 1266 di 3831

PrecedenteProssimo

Torna a Matematica per l'Economia e per le Scienze Naturali