Great books for learning english

Messaggioda Shulz » 19/07/2012, 18:26

Hi everyone!

I want to improve my english skills by reading books, however I don't know which kind of book is the most suitable for getting practice.

Until now, the only english book that I read is: "The filter bubble - What the internet is hiding from you" by Eli Pariser. It's an interesting book, but what I'm searching is something related to science or things such life and the universe.

My favourite genre is Sci-Fi: in italian I read several books written by Isaac Asimov, and the fantastic series "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" by Douglas Adams. I liked them a lot :D

To conclude, don't you know some books which are good to read and not too complicated at the same time?

Thanks for yours time! :smt023

Shulz
Shulz
Starting Member
Starting Member

Messaggio: 10 di 20

Re: Great books for learning english

Messaggioda vict85 » 20/07/2012, 13:01

I suppose you could find some inspiration from this online course https://www.coursera.org/course/fantasysf

Anyway, in any mainstream bookshop, there are shelves dedicated to foreign books, and it is not difficult to find science-fiction novels in English. The blurbs on the back of the books could help you to choose the right one.
vict85
Moderatore
Moderatore

Messaggio: 3589 di 19253

Re: Great books for learning english

Messaggioda MartaGueris » 24/04/2018, 14:07

vict85 ha scritto:I suppose you could find some inspiration from this online course https://www.coursera.org/course/fantasysf

Anyway, in any mainstream bookshop, there are shelves dedicated to foreign books, and it is not difficult to find science-fiction novels in English. The blurbs on the back of the books could help you to choose the right one.

I needed the same thing! thank you!
MartaGueris

Messaggio: 3 di 72

Torna a The English Corner