Proprietà della composizione

Messaggioda rasakkandar » 14/03/2017, 17:09

Ciao a tutti, ho questo esercizio:

Dimostra (generalizzando poi al caso di composizione di n funzioni) che:
(a) La composizione di due funzioni iniettive è iniettiva.
(b) La composizione di due funzioni surgettive è surgettiva.
(c) La composizione di due funzioni invertibili è invertibile. Come si scrive l’inversa della composizione conoscendo le inverse delle due componenti?
(d) Se la composizione di due funzioni è iniettiva, allora la più interna è iniettiva.
(e) Se la composizione di due funzioni è surgettiva, allora la più esterna è surgettiva.

Vorrei avere una conferma sul mio modo di procedere.

(a) Se $g(f(x_1))=g((f(x_2))$, essendo g iniettiva, $f(x_1)=f(x_2)$, ed essendo f iniettiva per ipotesi, $x_1=x_2$.

(b) Poiché g è suriettiva, si ha una y del dominio tale che $g(y)=k$; si ha anche una x del dominio di f tale che $f(x)=y$, e quindi $k=g(f(x))$, che dimostra la suriettività della composizione.

(c) Basta combinare i punti precedenti; inoltre l'inversa della composizione è $(g o f)^-1=f^-1 o g^-1$.

(d) Poiché $gof$ è inettiva, se $g(f(x_1))=g(f(x_2))$ allora $x_1=x_2$. Di conseguenza $f(x_1)=f(x_2)$ e f è inettiva.

(e) Poiché $gof$ è suriettiva, esiste una y del suo dominio tale che $g(f(y))=k$. Essendo $f(y)$ nel dominio di g, la relazione precedente si verifica se e solo se la funzione g è suriettiva.

La cosa che mi convince di meno è il punto (e), perché una volta scritta l'ipotesi mi sembra che la tesi segua immediatamente, quindi non do una dimostrazione vera e propria...
rasakkandar

Messaggio: 10 di 76

Re: Proprietà della composizione

Messaggioda javicemarpe » 15/03/2017, 18:06

I would suggest you to be more clear in your proofs. I mean, for example, in part b), it is not clear at all where the points $k$, $y$ and $x$ come from. I suggest you to give a name to the domain and codomain of your functions.

In any case, you should also justify the second part of c) and I'll give you some suggestions for parts d) and e):

For part d), I think you didn't prove it, I would try to do it by contradiction. It's easy.

For part e), you should write it in a more clear way, as I told you. In any case, if $f:X\to Y$ and $g:Y\to Z$, then you know that, for all $k\in Z$, you have an $x\in X$ such that $g(f(x))=k$. What you have to check is that, for all $k\in Z$, you have an $y\in Y$ such that $g(y)=k$. From this, the result follows very easily as you said, but, as I told you, it's very important to write things correctly in order to understand what's happening.
javicemarpe

Messaggio: 73 di 340

Re: Proprietà della composizione

Messaggioda rasakkandar » 16/03/2017, 15:35

$ y=f(x) $Thanks for your answer. Please, keep in mind I am a student of physics, that's why I suck at writing proofs :-D
I'll try anyway to rewrite the second one. Here it goes:

Let $g:YrarrZ$ and $f:XrarrY$ two surjective functions. We have $AAzinZZ, EEg(y)$ such that $z=g(y)$ and $AAyinYY, EEf(x)$ such that $y=f(x)$. Therefore, $AAzinZZ, EEg(f(x)$ such that $g(f(x))=z$, which proves the composition is surjective.

As for point (c) I have to admit I haven't tried to prove the second statement, even though to be fair the exercise doesn't explicitly ask for a proof 8-). I just had in mind a quote by my Algebra professor about an analogous situation: "when you undress, first you remove your pants, then your underwear; when you dress, first you wear your underwear, then your pants". I just applied that "rule" here (I'm aware that's not too rigorous :lol:)

For (d): Let $f:XrarrY$, $g:YrarrZ$ be two functions and suppose $gof$ is injective. Suppose that $f$ is not injective; then there are at least two elements $x_1, x_2 in X$ such that $f(x_1)=f(x_2)$ and $x_1≠x_2$. If that's the case, though, then we have $g(f(x_1))=g(f(x_2))$, which is absurd.

Did I write anything right?
rasakkandar

Messaggio: 12 di 76

Torna a Analisi matematica di base