Passa al tema normale
Keep in touch with English

Regole del forum

Consulta il nostro regolamento e la guida per scrivere le formule
Rispondi al messaggio

Presentation of The English Corner

19/02/2007, 23:09

We live in a global world: one of its positive characteristics is the possibility to communicate in the same language, which to day is the English one, no doubt.
This is also true for the scientific community: a scientific paper must be in English otherwise its resonance will be negligible.

Two are the main purposes of this section:
-To allow young and senior people practice Mathematics in English.
-To open, in the future, this Forum to international contributions , to fruitful relationships and to other cultures.

20/02/2007, 01:10

Great idea !

I hope that the topics of this section wouldn't be so mathematic proof..in that case I would not aswer even in italian !

Marvin

20/02/2007, 11:22

nice really nice.. :-D

everyone shold post there some proofs of some theorems.. (obviously in english.. :-D)

22/02/2007, 12:00

Contributions will be appreciated !! :-D

24/07/2008, 20:58

wow I think I'll attending this sections very often. I hate English, so I must learn!!!!

29/05/2009, 16:00

Great idea! This forum is very nice!

Re: Presentation of The English Corner

27/07/2011, 17:20

Hello, I'm Daniela and I'm glad to practice english with this forum.

23/04/2012, 19:29

An idea: why don't we use this section also to post questions about English? For what I can see, there's more than one here who could provide answers and help others. Let's say you need help with some homework because you just don't get which is the correct tense you should use in a sentence, or you didn't understand some new grammar rule your teacher explained in class, or you have some relatives or friends abroad and you'd like to send them a line to catch up but you are not sure if what you thought to write them is correct or not... well, in those cases we could post here and ask for help.

What do you think?

I'd be glad to help if I have way, by the way.

07/06/2013, 15:31

Great idea, I was not aware of this. I believe I will take advantage of this section. Here is a question I would like to ask: is it allowed to open threads and talk about every corner of mathematics or anything specific? If the answer to the first part of the question is affermative, I reckon it could be a little disorganized

08/07/2013, 10:38

emaz92 ha scritto:Great idea, I was not aware of this. I believe I will take advantage of this section. Here is a question I would like to ask: is it allowed to open threads and talk about every corner of mathematics or anything specific? If the answer to the first part of the question is affermative, I reckon it could be a little disorganized

You are allowed to open threads about every subject not necessarily linked to maths problems or discussions in order to provide information connected to the forum's subject.
I've already spoken with the admin about this section but he said it never took off. I hope it'll be the other way round.
Forums give a great way to practise your written English, and like everything on the Network they are provided as a free service.
The purpose of the English forum is to provide encouragement, advice, support, enjoyment, and [insert a positive word here]! It is a friendly environment in which to share ideas and have fun.
Rispondi al messaggio

Skuola.net News è una testata giornalistica iscritta al Registro degli Operatori della Comunicazione.
Registrazione: n° 20792 del 23/12/2010.
©2000— Skuola Network s.r.l. Tutti i diritti riservati. — P.I. 10404470014.