IELTS book

Messaggioda lollofabbrism » 15/09/2013, 12:04

Hi everybody!
I need to take the IELTS for academic purpose. I want to study alone because i don't want to spend so much for a course!
I am looking for good books: can you suggest me something?
Thank you very much.
lollofabbrism

Re: IELTS book

Messaggioda Luca » 17/09/2013, 18:14

Hi, I'm just at the beginning of the study of IELTS certification after having passed the previous one (FCE); I don't have the book yet but in a few days I will. Our school always chooses the best books in the world market because of the specif courses with native speakers it manages to do according to the best companies and authors, so I'll tell you the name next week or the following one.
Just a curiosity out: have you done the other previous certifications? Otherwise it's very hard for you to pass this one.
"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."
-----------------------------------
Outside, in the newly fallen darkness, the world had been trasformed.
The sky had become a glistening tapestry of stars.
Luca

Messaggio: 343 di 1066

Messaggioda vict85 » 17/09/2013, 18:23

X Luca: actually, it depends on the score you are looking for.
vict85
Moderatore
Moderatore

Messaggio: 5178 di 19253

Messaggioda Luca » 17/09/2013, 20:09

vict85 ha scritto:X Luca: actually, it depends on the score you are looking for.

Of course (so it's better if lollofabbrism would specificate the score he wants to get), I know you can pass the exam at different grades (due to the score) but, whether the score is low or high, I think that a good book must be bought independently, because you know, the preparation is more or less the same in all the kind of books, obviously it can be made better or worse in some.
"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."
Luca

Messaggio: 344 di 1066

Messaggioda Luca » 07/10/2013, 18:01

I suggest you "OBJECTIVE IELTS, Advanced", Cambridge. For me this is one of the best.
Luca

Messaggio: 360 di 1066

Torna a The English Corner