English for unapt people

Messaggioda gio73 » 29/03/2013, 20:57

Here some forumists want to learn English but they don't know how. I think the way for learning is trying, without be scared by our mistakes (a lot of mistakes...)
I'm waiting hamming_burst and Giulio and the our new teacher Leonardo and the all other forumists like dr Zero, young Marco, dear lollo, Vittorio of nineteen eghty-five ... Camillo, of course!

Well, I'm going to describe me: I am not very tall, but I am slim. My hair is long, curly and brown, my eyes are brown too. I love movies and literature. I have got two sons and one husband. So... what about you?
Ultima modifica di gio73 il 30/03/2013, 21:38, modificato 3 volte in totale.
gio73
Moderatore
Moderatore

Messaggio: 2730 di 12005

Re: English for unapt people

Messaggioda Zero87 » 29/03/2013, 21:25

gio73 ha scritto:dr Zero

Sounds like a tv-show. :D

So, let me think... I'm medium height and I'm a bit fat. I've short brown hair, brown eyes and I wear glasses. I really love my girlfriend but, except her, I love playing/listening classical music, juventus and this forum.

EDIT
gio73 ha scritto:I think the way for learnig is try, without be scared by our mistakes (a lot of mistakes...)

"learning" instead of "learnig" (and "paeople" in the title of this thread).
gio73 ha scritto:I'm waiting hamming_burst and Giulio and the our new teacher Leonardo and the all other forumists like dr Zero, young Marco, dear lollo, Vittorio of nineteen eghty-five ... Camillo, of course!

I invited alicetritone94 and so... we'll wait for him/her (the nick alice suggest me she is a girl, but I don't know exactly).
viewtopic.php?p=746540#p746540
Ultima modifica di Zero87 il 29/03/2013, 23:26, modificato 1 volta in totale.
Ex studente Unicam :heart:
Zero87
Cannot live without
Cannot live without

Messaggio: 1643 di 12931

Re: English for unapt paeople

Messaggioda Pianoth » 29/03/2013, 23:25

You haven't named me (obviously), but why shouldn't you let me write something (even if I've never spoken in this part of the forum)? I'll very shortly describe myself as simply as I can (because you wrote "for unapt people"): I'm quite tall, very thin but sturdy enough just because of some weekly hours of kung fu; my hair is black, my eyes are dark brown and I wear glasses. I, like Zero87, play the piano and I am actually a pianist (I started playing the piano at the age of 3 years).
I think I said enough details, after all I wrote this post at almost half past eleven p.m. :D
"Chi non ride mai, non è una persona seria." - Fryderyk Chopin.
Pianoth Eakòs Shaveck.
http://projecteuler.net/profile/Pianoth.png
Pianoth
Average Member
Average Member

Messaggio: 225 di 972

Messaggioda Leonardo89 » 29/03/2013, 23:54

gio73 ha scritto:I think the way for learnig is try

I have lots of doubt about the correctness of "is try": I think that "is to try" or "is trying" have much more chances of being correct but I can be wrong, obviously.
gio73 ha scritto:our new teacher Leonardo

Are you crazy? :-D Me? :lol: An english teacher? :lol:
I'm only a student who loves math, especially algebra, which is why I'd like to improve my English to pursuing my dream of a PHD abroad.
I will do lots of English mistakes in this conversation.

However, I suggest to all of you to enable an automatic proofreader: if a mistake can be avoided is better.
Se altri non facessero altro che riflettere sulle verità matematiche così in profondo e con continuità come ho fatto io, farebbero le mie scoperte.
K.F. Gauss
Leonardo89

Messaggio: 734 di 1162

Messaggioda Zero87 » 30/03/2013, 11:16

Pianoth ha scritto:I, like Zero87, play the piano and I am actually a pianist (I started playing the piano at the age of 3 years).

I started playing piano at 9 (and I finished at 21)...
What do you play? What do you like to play? I love J.S. Bach's works.

Hello Leonardo89! I really love your avatar, that's fantastic! :D
Zero87
Cannot live without
Cannot live without

Messaggio: 1649 di 12931

Messaggioda Pianoth » 30/03/2013, 14:11

Zero87 ha scritto:I started playing piano at 9 (and I finished at 21)...
What do you play? What do you like to play? I love J.S. Bach's works.

I mostly play Romantic music (I love Chopin's and Liszt's works), actually also 20th century music, although I love to play music from videogames (I even transcribed some that I really liked)... Of course I love almost any kind of music, I also love J.S. Bach's works, in particular I like Goldberg variations, for example. I heard those played by Glenn Gould, maybe one of the best pianists of all time... My favourite still-alive pianist is Marc-André Hamelin, do you have a still-alive favourite pianist?
Zero87 ha scritto:Hello Leonardo89! I really love your avatar, that's fantastic! :D

I definitely agree, that avatar is lovely :-D
Pianoth Eakòs Shaveck.
Pianoth
Average Member
Average Member

Messaggio: 230 di 972

Messaggioda Zero87 » 30/03/2013, 14:27

Pianoth ha scritto:I mostly play Romantic music (I love Chopin's and Liszt's works)

Chopin is the best of whole pianists, but it's too hard for me: the only thing I can play from his works is the "Fantasie Impromptu" (C sharp minor... Do#- in Italian style)...
Pianoth ha scritto:I love to play music from videogames (I even transcribed some that I really liked)...

I remember a site ($\text{http://www.ninsheetm.us}$ or something similar) which contains much of nintendo's games piano sheets trascripted from fans (I download pokemon's games, especially GCS, and Super Mario's sheets :D ).
Pianoth ha scritto:Of course I love almost any kind of music, I also love J.S. Bach's works, in particular I like Goldberg variations, for example.

I really love organ works (expecially bwv564,565,582...): there is a site on wikipedia (imslp.com/wiki, I have it in my Firefox's favourites links) from which it can be possible to download piano sheet of classic composers.
Pianoth ha scritto:I heard those played by Glenn Gould, maybe one of the best pianists of all time... My favourite still-alive pianist is Marc-André Hamelin, do you have a still-alive favourite pianist?

Georgy Cziffra :D (do you see on youtube his execution of Listz's "grand galop chromatique"?)

EDIT
I disabled the internet link - the only way I know is to put it in Latex's "\text" :D - for a better protection: I suggest to search with google :D
Ultima modifica di Zero87 il 30/03/2013, 15:49, modificato 1 volta in totale.
Zero87
Cannot live without
Cannot live without

Messaggio: 1652 di 12931

Messaggioda Leonardo89 » 30/03/2013, 14:57

I didn't imagine all this success for my avatar! Thanks! :D
I found it surfing the web and I liked it instantaneously.

@Zero87
I took a look at your thesis: why didn't you cut at least the first nine chapters on the basic stuff? In this way, you could have enclose much more interesting stuff in the later chapters which are, if I am not wrong, the heart of you thesis.
However, you chose a very interesting topic: nice choice! ;)
Se altri non facessero altro che riflettere sulle verità matematiche così in profondo e con continuità come ho fatto io, farebbero le mie scoperte.
K.F. Gauss
Leonardo89

Messaggio: 735 di 1162

Messaggioda Zero87 » 30/03/2013, 15:11

Leonardo89 ha scritto:I took a look at your thesis: why didn't you cut at least the first nine chapters on the basic stuff? In this way, you could have enclose much more interesting stuff in the later chapters which are, if I am not wrong, the heart of you thesis.

I read thousand - non literaly - books treating of RH. I noted that these book are of two type
- basic (like Du Satoy): they are beautiful for a reading but at the end they leave questions instead of answers
- technic: they are full of RH but for medium math readers (I mean "people in the middle of triennale") they are impossible

So I decided to do a work in which the RH is fully explained and accessible for students which have the first's year bases (I wrote "Analisi I" but it's the same)...
... and so it's the motivation for the firsts chapters of my dissertation (I wrote something similar in the introduction). The meaning of english abstract is only because i need 3 extra cfu: they are 27+3 in which 27 are for the dissertation, 3 are various.

Leonardo89 ha scritto:However, you chose a very interesting topic: nice choice! ;)

I know: in the last year of high school - I mean Liceo - I read Du Satoy's book and, after that, my purpose was to do math in university and do a comprehensible and full dissertation of RH...
Zero87
Cannot live without
Cannot live without

Messaggio: 1654 di 12931

Messaggioda Pianoth » 30/03/2013, 15:43

Zero87 ha scritto:Chopin is the best of whole pianists, but it's too hard for me: the only thing I can play from his works is the "Fantaisie Impromptu" (C sharp minor... Do#- in Italian style)...

*Fantasie* Impromptu... That is actually one of the most beautiful and harder-to-play pieces that Chopin wrote, despite the fact that Chopin thought it is too similar to Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata...

Zero87 ha scritto:I remember a site ($\text{http://www.ninsheetm.us}$ or something similar) which contains much of nintendo's games piano sheets trascripted from fans (I download pokemon's games, especially GCS, and Super Mario's sheets :D ).

I already knew that site which I personally don't like so much, just because many (not all of them) transcriptions are quite bad and annoying to play...

Zero87 ha scritto:I really love organ works (expecially bwv564,565,582...): there is a site on wikipedia (imslp.com/wiki, I have it in my Firefox's favourites links) from which it can be possible to download piano sheet of classic composers.

I also knew this other site as well, I already downloaded lots of music from there, I even have a 300 GB hard-disk only for those sheet music (e some other music files)

Zero87 ha scritto:Georgy Cziffra :D (do you see on youtube his execution of Listz's "grand galop chromatique"?)

Yeah, Cziffra is definitely epic, however I don't always enjoy very much his playing, listen Chopin's Etudes played by him for example (anyway Cziffra died in 1994, he isn't still alive).
Let's just stop talking about music anyway.
Pianoth Eakòs Shaveck.
Pianoth
Average Member
Average Member

Messaggio: 232 di 972

Prossimo

Torna a The English Corner