Re: PET exam and books

Messaggioda giuliofis » 06/05/2013, 13:57

marcosocio ha scritto:Hi everyone! I haven't been following this topic since the beginning due to school tasks (you know, May is the final rush). For my exams I've always used books by Cambridge University Press itself so I'd go for them. I don't know exactly what you mean by "Italian" book but, trust me, don't buy any book written by an Italian to study English! Generally speaking, to improve English my advice is always listen to the songs you like best and look for the lyrics (I gladly see gio73 has put it into practice :) ), watch films and read English websites. This way learning the language will become less stressing ;)

:smt023
giuliofis

Re: PET exam and books

Messaggioda Luca » 07/05/2013, 20:59

marcosocio ha scritto:Hi everyone! I haven't been following this topic since the beginning due to school tasks (you know, May is the final rush). For my exams I've always used books by Cambridge University Press itself so I'd go for them. I don't know exactly what you mean by "Italian" book but, trust me...

Well there are people who don't like books because they think they are boring; people who don't like to sit at a table because they like to move around; others who study with computers: I honestly can't do everything with a computer, so I'd much rather have a book. Let's say that if you want to speak a fluent and grammatically correct English you'd better work quite harder, especially if, at school, teachers are strict.
Songs certanly help you to memorize new words but the results are quite slight.
I agree with the fact of studying on English books: as I have just said, they provide you the best ways of studying and a correct approach to the language.
"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."
-----------------------------------
Outside, in the newly fallen darkness, the world had been trasformed.
The sky had become a glistening tapestry of stars.
Luca

Messaggio: 166 di 1066

Precedente

Torna a The English Corner