Irodov's

Messaggioda NoRe » 16/12/2013, 22:09

Hello my friends! I don't know if this topic respects all the rules, but I need your help with these nice problems from the Ivrodov's problems!
Before, I have a question: is there any translation of this collection of exercises?

Then: I don't understand very well the last sentence of the first problem: At what velocity will the car ride without sliding?
Can you translate it in Italian, or is the translation forbidden here?

1.91. A car moves uniformly along a horizontal sine curve y= a sin (x/b), where a and b are certain constants. The coefficient of friction between the wheels and the road is equal to k. At what velocity will the car ride without sliding?

The last one, probably, is too hard for me, but I would like to understand it better!

1.92. A chain of mass m forming a circle of radius R is slipped on a smooth round cone with half-angle 0. Find the tension of the chain if it rotates with a constant angular velocity co about a vertical axis coinciding with the symmetry axis of the cone.
..innumerevoli banchi di nebbia e ghiacci creano ad ogni istante l'illusione di nuove terre e, generando sempre nuove ingannevoli speranze nel navigante che si aggira avido di nuove scoperte, lo sviano in avventurose imprese che non potrà né condurre a buon fine né abbandonare una volta per sempre..
NoRe

Messaggio: 149 di 306

Re: Irodov's

Messaggioda gabriella127 » 23/12/2013, 01:02

I don't know Ivodrov's problems, but I think your sentence can be easily translated as follows: 'A quale velocità l'automobile può correre senza slittare, senza andare fuori strada?'
Easy reading is damned hard writing. (Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Scarlet Letter)
gabriella127
Moderatore globale
Moderatore globale

Messaggio: 324 di 6908

Messaggioda NoRe » 24/12/2013, 10:08

So I understood well :) Thank you!
..innumerevoli banchi di nebbia e ghiacci creano ad ogni istante l'illusione di nuove terre e, generando sempre nuove ingannevoli speranze nel navigante che si aggira avido di nuove scoperte, lo sviano in avventurose imprese che non potrà né condurre a buon fine né abbandonare una volta per sempre..
NoRe

Messaggio: 153 di 306

Messaggioda gabriella127 » 24/12/2013, 12:43

Not at all!https://www.matematicamente.it/forum/posting.php?mode=reply&f=25&t=126064#
Easy reading is damned hard writing. (Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Scarlet Letter)
gabriella127
Moderatore globale
Moderatore globale

Messaggio: 325 di 6908

Torna a The English Corner