How can I translate the expression scattering state in Ita?

Messaggioda Mathita » 28/12/2021, 15:33

Hello everyone and happy holidays!

During the "Christmas holidays", I decided to read the book "Introduction to quantum mechanics", written by Griffiths. Before describing the problem of the Dirac delta potential, Griffiths introduces the bounded states (che io ho tradotto con stati limitati) and the scattering states.

How can I translate the latter expression in Italian? Is "Stati dispersivi" a good one? What is the expression that the Italian scientific community uses to indicate these states?

Thank you!
Mathita
Average Member
Average Member

Messaggio: 359 di 865

Re: How can I translate the expression scattering state in Ita?

Messaggioda Mathita » 28/12/2021, 19:23

update: it seems that the expression "bounded states" becomes "stati legati" and not "stati limitati". However, I haven't found the scattering state translation yet.
Mathita
Average Member
Average Member

Messaggio: 360 di 865

Re: How can I translate the expression scattering state in Ita?

Messaggioda Thinker » 31/08/2023, 18:41

"Scattering states" are simply translated as "stati di scattering". For example in this website you can read "stati legati e (stati) di scattering ": use the tool "find" of your browser: https://www.gazzettaufficiale.it/atto/s ... Articolo=1

Moreover there are several PDF documents on the web in which you can find the expression "stati di scattering ", just search on google the key words "stati di scattering " and you will discover that "scattering" is not translated...
"Ogniqualvolta una teoria ti sembra l'unica possibile, prendilo come un segno che non hai capito né la teoria né il problema che si intendeva risolvere". (Karl Popper)
Thinker

Messaggio: 42 di 102

Torna a The English Corner